The Business Process Analyst – Elected Officials (BPA-EO) is a technology and business process automation consultant to the Elected Officials. The BPA-EO performs analyses and evaluates all aspects of business processes including budgeting, business case planning, and resource utilization to define system requirements, propose potential solutions, and coordinate the implementation, modification, and integration of domain-specific applications.
The BPA-EO is required to maintain an in-depth understanding of the business functions of County entities and use this knowledge to coordinate with business and technical experts to support, plan, and implement process-centric customer solutions.
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. Pitkin County reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
- ▪ Acts as a liaison between BITS and customers.
- ▪ Acts as a technical and business liaison between the Elected Officials.
- ▪ Maintains lines of communication to monitor and improve customer satisfaction.
- ▪ Recommends process and product enhancements.
- ▪ Recommends workflow processes and application integrations.
- ▪ Leads Business Process Management Group efforts to collect and analyze metrics and continually improve processes.
- ▪ Participates in Business Process Modeling sessions, acting as a documentarian, facilitator, and subject matter expert.
- ▪ Conducts interviews and performs analyses in order to create business case for projects.
- ▪ Conducts preliminary investigation for all project requests.
- ▪ Facilitates, trains, and assists customers and other stakeholders in analyzing, improving, and implementing technology and process automation solutions.
- ▪ Develops moderately complex applications under the guidance of the BPA – Application Development.
Education/Formal Training and Experience:
- ▪ Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Business, Computer Science, or a related field of study.
- ▪ 5+ years’ experience with business process modeling and business case development.
- ▪ 1+ years’ experience with SQL programming.
- ▪ Familiarity with Agile development methodologies, REST, JSON, Docker, GIT, Kubernetes, highly desired.
- ▪ Experience providing technical support to Law Enforcement agencies strongly desired.
Licenses, Certification and Other Requirements:
- ▪ ITIL, Six Sigma, IIBA CCBA or CBAP, or equivalents preferred.
- ▪ Valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- ▪ Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- ▪ Report preparation and records management.
- ▪ Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- ▪ General office procedures, policies and practices.
- ▪ Methods and techniques of research, statistical analysis and report presentation.
- ▪ Computer applications related to the work domain.
- ▪ RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc) database administration.
- ▪ Oral and written communications, analysis, facilitation and negotiation.
- ▪ Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up assignments with a minimum of direction.
- ▪ Applying logical thinking to solve problems or accomplish tasks; to understand, interpret and communicate complicated policies, procedures and protocols.
- ▪ Using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Cont.):
- ▪ Using PCs and office productivity software.