This position will support the Office of Legacy Management for the Department of Energy. The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) established the Office of Legacy Management (LM) in December 2003 to manage DOE’s post-closure responsibilities and to ensure the future protection of human health and the environment at more than 100 sites across the country. LM’s responsibilities include long-term surveillance and maintenance, records management, benefits continuity, property management, land use planning, and stakeholder relations.
- Utilizes current graphic design technology and computer hardware and software to design visual, printed and multimedia materials for marketing, presentations and other business communications.
- Produces newsletters, fact sheets, brochures, illustrations, reports, letterheads, bulletins, maps, signs, slides, drawings, charts, posters, displays, training manuals, training aids, exhibits and other materials.
- Originates graphic themes, design, art and layout of materials, and prepares camera-ready copy electronically for submission to professional printers.
- Designs and develops animations and multimedia products using PC-based computer systems.
- Designs and develops web pages using HTML and other web software and web publishing techniques.
- Trains and mentors more junior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field.
- 10 years’ experience in Graphic Design.
- Expert knowledge and ability to develop and apply highly advanced principles, concepts and techniques in graphic design, desktop publishing and communication media.
- Skill and ability to perform critical strategic tasks and to interpret broad strategic requirements and develop and execute plans to satisfy them.
- Ability to have major impact on organizational success and productivity, with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at the highest levels.
- Ability to contribute functional expertise to business proposal initiatives.
- Ability to develop and lead large-sized projects, including defining scope, objectives and methods.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.